Health & Safety / Human Resources Specialist Job at Burnbrae Farms – Strathroy, ON
WE ARE HIRING!! WILL YOU BE NEXT TO JOIN OUR BURNBRAE FAMILY?
Burnbrae Farms is a proud 6th generation Canadian family owned and operated egg business, producing eggs for over 70 years, with facilities across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Quebec).
We are the leader in the egg production industry. When you join us, you don’t just work for us – YOU ARE PART OF THE FAMILY.
Health & Safety / HR Specialist
Reports to: Director HSE and Director HR and indirectly to Plant Manager
Address: 301 Ellor St, Strathroy, ON N7G 2L5
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Assists and leads in the reduction of Health and Safety risks and hazards through continuous improvement projects
- Supports Operations in all Safety related functions, including, but not limited to: On Boarding, Work Refusals, Safety Talks and Messages, Recognition, Data Analysis, Coaching, Equipment Processes and Modifications,
- Leverages tools for identifying workplace hazards; develops plant-wide systems that support hazard recognition; manages the JHA based program as a key component of the occupational safety and health management systems; enables plant to move from basic compliance to a pro-active safety management system.
- In conjunction with H&S and HR teams, designs and delivers OHS training programs for workers, management, external vendors and Safety Committee members to comply with legislative requirements and improve Health, Safety, Emergency and Security.
- Take lead role in all safety related investigations to ensure that proper reporting and follow up is completed.
- Ensure early and safety return to work for all employees
- Provides leadership to the JHSC, participating as a Certified Management Representatives
- Reviews and follows up with supervisors to ensure timeliness, appropriateness of incident follow through on corrective action and root cause analysis
- Ensures that personal protective equipment is provided and being utilized,
- Conducts workplace inspections and hazard assessments i.e. safeguarding and lock out.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
· Partners with Corporate Human Resources and the Plant Management team to provide guidance in human resource planning and organizational development to foster and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
· Recommends, implements and maintains policies and programs for human resources function at the Plant level to foster understanding of and improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations that adhere to corporate policies and applicable Provincial legislation.
· Guide leaders and employees with respect to Company policies, Values, HR programs administration and interpretation to ensure HR matters are handled consistently and in a timely manner.
· Oversees the day-to-day management of the Human Resources function including preparing employment agreements, disciplinary/corrective action, termination letters, dealing with grievances and employment regulatory matters, etc.
· Supports Managers in the recruitment and selection process conducting/scheduling interviews and presenting employment offers.
· Conducts comprehensive new employee on-boarding sessions including supporting management team in probation and ongoing review/assessment to determine if employee is suitable for ongoing employment.
· Supports performance management systems, plans and practices and consults with management on employee performance evaluations.
· Interprets and assists with the administration of the collective labour agreement, and resolving grievances.
· Responds to questions, interprets and administers policies and programs striving to resolve work-related issues.
· Prepares and reviews documentation with management to support disciplinary and corrective action procedures; counsels/supports management in disciplinary action.
· Drives employee engagement programs and activities at the plant level including employee communications/meetings, rewards, appreciation and recognition activities.
· Leads and promotes Regional Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
· Provides plant level support to payroll and related processes
· 3-5 years of progressive H&S and Human Resources generalist experience preferably in a food manufacturing environment;
· 3+ years experience in a unionized environment
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field
- CRSP designation, preferred
- Knowledge of related Ontario legislation
- Proven ability to build relationships and gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French nice to have)
- Previous experience conducting Job Hazard Analysis
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a high volume and fast paced work environment
· Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to all stake holders
· Must be a confident communicator and must be able to effectively present to all levels of the organization
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
Remember… When you join us, you don’t just work for us – YOU ARE PART OF THE FAMILY.
**Burnbrae Farms welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process. Should you require accommodation during any part of the selection process please let the recruiter know.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Do you have minimum of 3-5 years of progressive Health & Safety? Yes or No?
- Do you have minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience? Yes or No?
- Have you worked in a food manufacturing environment? Yes or No?
- Have you worked in a CPG manufacturing environment? Yes or No?
- Have you worked in an unionized environment? Yes or No?
- Are you CRSP designated? Yes or No?
- Are you CHRP designated? Yes or No?
About the Company
Company: Burnbrae Farms –
Company Location: Strathroy, ON