Piggery Attendant Job at SunPork Group – Cookes Plains SA
Who We Are
SunPork Group is dedicated to delivering the finest quality fresh Australian pork to market. We are proud to be the largest Australian farmer owned and operated producer of quality Australian pork products. Employing 1,500+ employees across 52 locations in Australia and NZ.
SunPork is committed to animal welfare and the responsible, ethical care of animals to ensure their comfort, health and welfare. Together with our dedicated specialist veterinary health, nutrition, research and development teams, and farm and production teams, the person in this position is committed to the care of our pigs and the production of high quality, sustainable pork.
About the Role
The full-time Piggery Attendant roles will be responsible for undertaking animal husbandry and related tasks to assist with the care and well-being of our livestock at our Cooke Plains Piggery.
An attractive and competitive wage, coupled with nationally recognised training and professional development, will be offered to the successful applicant.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining a high-quality environment for the welfare and well-being of our animals
- Meet and maintaining production targets
- Move, draft and weigh stock
- Care for sick and/or injured animals
- Administer medications as required
SunPork Farms has established an efficient, highly skilled yet diversified team that is dedicated to producing high quality, sustainable welfare-optimal products.
As a key member of this team, the successful applicant must:
- Be committed to upholding the highest levels of animal welfare and bio-security
- Be committed to training and professional development
- Have a positive attitude towards the intrinsic values of trust, integrity, quality, efficiency and innovation
- Availability to work rostered weekends and public holidays
- Be physically fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Machinery skills would be an advantage
SunPork Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and our recruitment process includes a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. It is also an expectation of this position that you hold a current drivers licence.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply using the link and attach your CV.
Disclaimer: Only candidates with working rights in Australia will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Overtime pay
- Penalty rates
SunPork requires all employees to be vaccinated with the Covid vaccine.
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
About the Company
Company: SunPork Group –
Company Location: Cookes Plains SA